Thursday, October 05, 2006

But...

I love the word 'but'. It is the word everyone uses to say what they really mean. Dr. Phil said when you use the word "but" it means forget everything I just said what I actually meant was....

Some of my favorite but phrases are:

  • I don't want to be a nusance but,... translation, pay attention to me!!!
  • I Know you don't want my opinion but,... translation, of course you want my opinion, I know everything
  • I don't want to be a nag but,...translation, if you had just listened to me in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation
  • He's really nice but,...translation, I would rather spend my evening cleaning my bathtub drain than waste another minute with him

What's your favorite but phrase?

1 comment:

Jen said...

My butt is too big but I don't have any other butts so I guess I'll have to keep this one but I don't want to.